Shwetank Verma is an entrepreneur and innovator. Currently, he leads open innovation (Collab) at MetLife Asia. Collab matches startups to problem statements identified by MetLife Asia’s leadership. Prior to joining MetLife he was a serial entrepreneur in healthcare and education in India where he built and exited two companies. He is an active participant on the startup scene both as an investor and a mentor at leading accelerators including StartupBootcamp, Mumbai and Modern Aging, Singapore.
Shwetank started his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the United Kingdom. Shwetank is a qualified chartered accountant (UK). He also holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Econometrics from the University of Nottingham, where he was a Foreign and Commonwealth Office scholar. Shwetank is a keen tennis player, enjoys cricket, food and has a passion for off-the-beaten-path travelling.
1. Asian Development Bank – conclave of central bankers (Aug 2017) – What is insurtech?
2. Asia Venture Philanthropy (Aug 2017) – Innovation for Inclusion
3. Fintelekt, Insure India Summit (July 2017) – Building an insurtech ecosystem
4. Global Insurance Summit, Madrid (June 2017) – Collaboration is the new innovation
5. IDC, Customer experience summit (June 2017) – VR/AR in the enterprise
6. Insurance Nexus Asia Summit (May 2017) – Harnessing the fast pace of innovation